Private Duty Nursing Home Health Care Nurse in Traverse City, MI
The next level of private duty nursing for your loved one in need of a home health care nurse in Traverse City & Petoskey, MI
Your home health care nurse understands that sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. This can put a great deal of strain on families and ultimately reduce your senior loved one's quality of life. When a family caretaker is not enough, private duty nursing can help. Your specially trained nurse provides the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital, including Alzheimer's home care, transitional care, respite care, end of life care and much more.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to our traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.Contact Us
How We Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can offer private duty care, which allows them to perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Your home health care nurse is available to assist clients with regularly scheduled visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. He or she will work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support.
Learn more about our private duty nursing services and how a home health care nurse can ease your loved one’s transition home by calling us today at (231) 222-5376.
Comfort Keepers Traverse City provides in home care and senior care services in the following cities in Michigan:
Alanson, Arcadia, Bay Harbor, Bellaire, Bear Lake, Beulah, Benzie, Boyne City, Boyne Falls, Brethren, Buckley, Cadillac, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids, Empire, Fife Lake, Frankfort, Gaylord, Glen Arbor, Grayling, Harbor Springs, Harrietta, Indian River, Kaleva, Kalkaska, Lake Ann, Lake City, Lake Leelanau, Leland, Levering, Mackinaw City, Manistee, Manton, Mesick, Northport, Onekama, Pellston, Petoskey, Suttons Bay, Traverse City and Wolverine, Michigan.